I'd been meaning to write a new blog post for a while, but progress was progressing so quickly, that I never quite got around to it. Now, though, work has progressed far enough that the tSage engine has now been merged into trunk. Huzzah! :)
Many thanks go to Strangerke, who joined me in implementing all the various game scenes of the Ringworld game. Together, we've implemented all the game logic.
The following is the state of the game:
* All the game scenes for the floppy version of the game are implemented, although some still need some bug-fixing, so the game isn't completable.
* Sound isn't supported yet, and still needs to be reverse engineered in the original game.
So we have the following goals for the near future:
* We'll be working on fixing the remaining scene bugs, and ensuring the game runs smoothly from start to finish.
* Implementing the sound code.
* I also want to implement support for the original game's cheating/debug functionality.
* Add support for the CD version of the game, which has some minor differences.
* And add support for the demo version, if possible.
All in all, it's a celebration for another engine being added to the ScummVM universe. :)